Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week 20


            It is already midterms and so I am looking ahead and thinking about how I will wrap up my time as an intern prison chaplain.  Since I will need to write an essay to conclude my coursework, I’ve been looking through the files I have collected and created in the past two years.   I am wondering what I could, or should, do with it all.  So far I have created/written:

        -A prison based ritual for each of the eight Sabbats.  
        -A prison based ritual for the moon phases.
        -Several prison based rituals for healing, blessings, and   
          personal growth.
        -Many ideas on topics for prison based Pagan groups.
        -Nine educational handouts that follow a structured 
         monthly curriculum (I want to expand this to twelve). 
        -At least a dozen other handouts about Pagan issues. 
        -Several essays about prison chaplaincy for class projects.
        -Dozens of resources that volunteers and inmates can 
          access to support their Pagan lives and work.
        -And this blog!

            I am wondering what I can do with all of this.  A few people have suggested that I put it online and offer it to the public for free, and others have said that it could be collected and edited into a book.  I am not really sure what is the best thing to do, but I do like the idea of helping other new volunteers.  I think many Pagan volunteers throughout the states are recreating the wheel each month since there is so little available to use as a resource. 

            I am very open to suggestions of what I might be able to do with all of these Pagan prison items filling up my hard drive.  Let me know if you’ve thought of something I haven’t, or are aware of challenges and opportunities that may alter my path! 

            I would also like to remind the public that there is a great need for Pagan themed books, CD’s, and magazines in most prisons.  I know that the one I work with has a small and very heavily used Pagan section.  Many inmates tell me that they have read and reread all of the Pagan books in the chapel library many times over.   Some of these books are decades old and quite dated, although I am happy to see that we have a lot of the “classic” Pagan books available to check out.  If you have any Pagan materials and are interested in donating them to myself send me a note and we can work it out!  I am happy to pay the shipping costs. 

Warm Winter Blessings,


Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment