Monday, December 2, 2013

Week Twelve



I have been very busy this last week.  It is almost the end of the term, so I have been in "Finals Land."  I also have had a lot of pastoral counseling requests when I am at the prison.  The result is that my days are very full, and I have not been blogging enough.  I actually am working on two posts that need more research than I have time to put into it at the moment.

Soooo, I am going to post a quick fall meditation that I wrote and used last night with the Pagan prison group I facilitate.  I love using breath to connect with the elements.  I like to remind the inmates, and myself, that all we need to be Pagan is to present in the moment.  That the Divine and the elements are all around us, and within us, at all times.  After we did this brief meditation we sang the Earth My Body Chant.


Fall Meditation 


Breathe in three deep breathes.

With your next three breathes, breathe in the fall air that smells of damp leaves and moss.  Breathe in the spirit of air and let it fill you with the energy of forgiveness.  

With your next three breathes, breathe in the warmth of the autumn sun that fights to shine through the clouds.  Breathe in the spirit of fire and let it fill you with the energy of determination.  

With your next three breathes, breathe in the wetness of the fall rain showers.  Breathe in the spirit of water and let it fill you with the energy of compassion.  

With your next three breathes, breathe in the aging of the autumn gardens that prepare to slumber through winter.  Breathe in the spirit of earth and let it fill you with the energy of wisdom.  

Breathe three more breathes and with them breathe in the Divine Spirit.  Breathe in the love of the Green Man & Woman, the God & Goddess, the Sun and the Moon.  Breathe in their blessings and ask them to walk with you.  

Blessed Be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment